- Reduced waste by no longer providing disposable water cups. Visitors are welcome to refill their own water bottles from our filtered water cooler.
- Provide recycling stations to enable visitors to easily sort their plastic, aluminium, glass and paper from general waste.
- Educate customers on practising Kaitiakitanga as they travel around New Zealand through following respectful waste and recycling; water use and conservation; energy and traveling principals - all outlined on our paper bags.
- Only ever give paper bags to customers - have never used disposable, plastic bags!
- Reduce packaging from suppliers where possible, by negotiating to receive less and choosing those suppliers that mirror our own values.
- Set traps to eradicate pests such as rats, stoats and possums to ensure our native birds can continue to thrive
Taupo Bungy & Cliffhanger's reputation and success is reliant on the stunning scenery and natural beauty surrounding the site. We take Kaitiakitanga - guardianship, protection and preservation of our environment, very seriously so that future generations can continue to enjoy the Waikato River Valley and surrounding areas.